The California Department of Consumer Affairs. The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is here to protect and serve California consumers while ensuring a competent and fair marketplace. DCA helps consumers learn how to protect themselves from unscrupulous and unqualified individuals. The Department also protects professionals from unfair competition by unlicensed practitioners.
What is The DCA Page? The DCA Page is your one-stop shop for the latest Department of Consumer Affairs news, stories, photos, videos and more.
Did you know the DCA Page can send you updates to your inbox? Don’t have time to log on or want to hear it first? By signing up, you will get the latest updates right to your inbox. Sign Me Up!
Disclaimer, Purpose and Guidelines. The purpose of this site is to communicate matters of public interest. This is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) reserves the right to remove any comments that it deems inappropriate. Such comments include, but are not limited to:
- Vulgar language or sexually explicit comments;
- Personal attacks of any kind;
- Comments about other posters;
- Spam or links to other non-governmental sites;
- Content that is off-topic or not directly related to the business of DCA;
- Promotion of illegal activities;
- Infringements on copyrights or trademarks; and
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute an endorsement of the linked sites and their content by the Department of Consumer Affairs.
The comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of the Department of Consumer Affairs or its employees.
Posts and responses to The DCA Page are updated Monday through Friday during normal business hours, except on State holidays.
The DCA Page will not share or sell your personal information to anyone.
Share Our Stories. Feel free to share and re-post news you see on our page. If you follow us on Twitter and Facebook, you can re-post our material there, too.
The DCA Page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.