Since 2001, April has been designated as California Financial Literacy Month (CAFLM). As part of California Financial Literacy Month, this year’s Resource Fair is taking place on Wednesday, April 2nd from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the North Steps of the State Capitol.
This effort is designed to educate and encourage consumers to improve their financial literacy and decision making power. Stop by for resources and materials to better manage money, credit, investments, debt, and learn to avoid identity theft, protect privacy and avoid scams and fraud. Among the government agencies, financial institutions and non-profit community organizations participating are:
- California Department of Business Oversight
- Bank On California
- Bank On Sacramento
- Assemblyman Roger Dickinson’s Office
- California Contractors Licensing Board
- California Board of Equalization
- State Controller’s Office
- Schools Financial Credit Union
- Keep Your Home California
- Bank of the West
- SAFE Credit Union
- Golden 1 Credit Union
For more information, visit the CAFLM Blog.