Thank you for joining the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) for Consumer Protection Week 2022. Even though Consumer Protection Week has drawn to a close, resources are still available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at DCA’s website, www.dca.ca.gov. You can connect with DCA on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. If you’re up for some reading, check out DCA’s Consumer Connection magazine, The DCA Page blog, and browse dozens of publications from DCA’s boards and bureaus.
Earlier today, staff from DCA and the Medical Board of California hosted a webinar for consumers, where they shared information to help you be an informed consumer, and how to file a complaint if you have a concern with a licensee of a DCA board or bureau. If you couldn’t catch the webinar live, you can view it here:
Important links referenced in the video:
- To check a license, call 1 (800) 952-5210 or visit www.dca.ca.gov.
- DCA’s data portal.
- Visit the Medical Board of California or Osteopathic Medical Board of California websites to find information about a licensed physician. Follow MBC on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and sign up for MBC’s subscriber alerts and newsletter.
- Information about some industries not regulated by DCA can be found here.
- Information on becoming a member of a board or bureau advisory committee can be found here.
- The Bureau of Automotive Repair Consumer Assistance Program
- The Court Reporters Board Transcript Reimbursement Fund
- Contractors State License Board Solar Energy System Restitution Program
More of our Consumer Protection video content is available here: