The Physician Assistant Board (PAB) protects and serves consumers through licensing, education, and objective enforcement of the Physician Assistant laws and regulations. The Board is supported entirely by fees imposed upon the professional community it regulates and received no reimbursement from taxpayers or from the General Fund. Physician Assistants are highly skilled professions who, under the supervision of a physician and surgeon, provide patient services ranging from primary medicine to very specialized surgical care.
Mission: To protect and serve consumers through licensing, education, and objective enforcement of the Physician Assistant laws and regulations.
Vision: To assure that health care needs for all persons are met in a compassionate, competent, and culturally sensitive manner. Physician Assistants can better contribute to this outcome as they are increasingly recognized as quality providers and as their utilization is expanded.
- Accountability – We are accountable to the people of California and each other as stakeholders. We operate transparently and encourage public participation in our decision making whenever possible.
- Customer Service – We acknowledge all stakeholders as our customers, listen to them, and take their needs into account.
- Effectiveness – We make informed decisions that make a difference and have a positive, measurable impact.
- Efficiency – We diligently identify the best ways to deliver high-quality services with the most efficient use of our resources.
- Employees – We are an employer of choice and strategically recruit, train, and retain employees. We value and recognize employee contributions and talent.
- Integrity – We are honest, fair, and respectful in our treatment of everyone, which is demonstrated through our decision-making process.
- Unity – We draw strength from our organizational diversity as well as California’s everchanging cultural and economic diversity.
Visit PAB’s website at: https://www.pab.ca.gov/, and connect with PAB on Facebook and Twitter.