Right now, according to COVID-19.ca.gov, more than 41,000 Californians have lost their lives to the pandemic. And, although the numbers of new cases have started to drop slightly, we are still facing an uphill battle with new variants and sporadic vaccination shipments and schedules.
But how about some good news?
In the middle of all of the death and destruction there are bright spots: The ones who survived.
The winter 2020 issue of the Consumer Connection magazine is filled with stories of the fighters and the fight. Not the ones in the ring or the cage; the ones outside of it.
- The story of sixty-three-year-old Sacramento resident Paul Cantelli, who in March 2020 was near death, hooked up to a ventilator and fighting after contracting COVID-19. Nearly a year later, he is being interviewed while running on a treadmill, working his way back to health.
- An article about the fight to find love in an unpredictable, sometimes harsh world—through science.
- An explanation on how the brain can rewire itself after a stroke, and one stroke survivor’s journey of recovery through self-healing and alternative medicine.
- Veterinarians who not only fight to keep your house pets healthy, but who also care for farm and zoo animals, reptiles, birds, and other specialties.
- The battle to unglue kids from their computer, tablet, and phone screens. Sometimes it takes a little tough love.
All of the above plus articles about stress-induced dental issues, post-holiday blues, subject matter experts, news briefs, and more are all online and available for your reading pleasure.
Don’t fight the temptation: Read the latest issue now!