The Cemetery and Funeral Bureau advocates consumer protection and licensee compliance through proactive education and consistent interpretation and application of the laws governing the death care industry.
The Cemetery and Funeral Bureau licenses and regulates funeral establishments and funeral directors; embalmers and apprentices; cemetery brokers, salespersons, and managers; cremated remains disposers, crematories, hydrolysis facilities, and crematory managers; and privately owned cemeteries in California.
Mission: The Cemetery and Funeral Bureau advocates consumer protection and licensee compliance through proactive education and consistent interpretation and application of the laws governing the death care industry.
Vision: Empowering California consumers to make informed end-of-life decisions in a fair and ethical marketplace.
- Accountability: We accept personal responsibility for our actions, exemplifying high ethical standards, and always strive to improve our effectiveness.
- Collaboration: We value partnerships. We foster the public’s trust through open communication and work in a cooperative, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Fairness: We treat people equally and make decisions without favoritism or prejudice.
- Trust: We communicate with credibility and truthfulness. Our communications are open and authentic with all stakeholders.
- Compassion: We employ empathy, integrity, respect, and understanding when serving consumers.
- FAQs for consumers
- Filing a complaint
- Verify a license
- Peace of Mind Brochure
- Consumer Guide to Funeral and Cemetery Purchases
- Pre-Need Q&A